Friday 16 February 2018

Hobbycraft Craft Haul



Last weekend, I took a rare trip out of the house so I could go stock up on craft supplies at Hobbycraft with my Mum. I went to shop for materials to make Easter pom pom wreaths, hoop art, and bandanas for Rosie (my dog), and left an hour later with a bag full of goodies, sixty quid lighter, but a happy little bunny.

I always find shopping for craft supplies and stationery as exciting and addictive as shopping for make up and beauty products. I just can't resist anything that allows me to get creative, and make pretty things with my own two hands, Craft supplies, art supplies, stationery, gift wrapping materials... I'm all over that shit like a kid in a sweet shop. I love crafting and getting creative, so Hobbycraft is like a treasure trove of wonders to me, as well as a store full of goodies that help me fill my time during all that time I spend on bed rest. I always get carried away and come away with bags full of supplies whenever I shop there, and if money grew on trees, I would probably buy the whole shop. Hobbycraft shopping trips are my favourite.

Before I begin using everything, I thought you might like to see what I bought, so I've put together a little Hobbycraft haul to show you today.


So, what did I buy?

Pastel Polka Dot Fat Quarters- which I'd like to use to make neckerchief bandanas for Rosie, hoop art, or Easter table favour pouches. Perhaps I'll just have to do all three? (Find here).

Satin Ribbons- mostly to use for gift wrapping presents for my family and friends throughout the year. I picked up four 15m rolls in pink, lilac, mint, and yellow for the bargain price of £1 each, but didn't realise they matched the fat quarters until I got home- it was purely a coincidence! I was just drawn to the lovely colours. I admit, I'm basically Monica Geller when it comes to ribbons. (Available here).

Embroidery Hoops- to use as a base for the Spring / Easter pom pom wreaths I'm going to make. I bought one eight inch and one nine inch hoop, and each hoop will make two wreaths. (Buy here).

Wool- in lemon and golden yellows and mint and lime greens to make pom poms from, and also to cover the embroidery hoops with when I make the wreaths.

Felt Sheets- in baby pink, lime green, and mint green, to make felt tulips, daffodils, and leaves to go on the wreaths. I couldn't find all the colours I needed in store, so I've placed an online order for more of them in yellows and oranges.

Vintage Flower Bundle- which I found in the wedding section, and decided to buy to use as props for my blog photos. The flowers are so pretty, and look quite realistic, which is impressive for just £6 for a bouquet of six stems. (Find here).

Silk Daffodils- to add to the Spring wreaths... although, I might just keep them for blog photo props.  They were just £1 each. (Available here).

Tree House Colour-In Canvas- not to colour, but to watercolour paint, because I enjoy painting but am not the most confident sketcher in the world. The canvas was a bargain at just £4, although it's £5 online. (Buy here).

Tissue Paper- this is something I like to always keep on hand for wrapping presents for all occasions throughout the year. Hobbycraft make the best colourful tissue paper, and it's far better value than any you'll find in a card or stationery shop. (Available here).

Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks- for various craft projects. I've been meaning to get my hands on a glue gun for ages so I can finish a couple of projects I began over Christmas, and to use for all sorts of craft projects in the future. This could get dangerous, guys! (Find the glue gun here and glue sticks here).

Double-Sided Tape- because I'd ran out, and use it for all sorts of things- present wrapping, crafting, journaling, etc. (Shop here).

Pastel Easter Chocolate Coins- which somehow fell in to my basket. I thought I might use them for this year's Easter table favours, although, I also think they'd make cute Easter photo props.

I may have also slipped a packet of Mini Eggs and Malteaster Bunnies in to my basket- my first of the year- but I also may have eaten them before I managed to take these photos. Oops...

I told you I get carried away when it comes to shopping for craft supplies! I just can't help myself. I don't feel guilty about it, though; it's money well spent in my eyes.


I'm so pleased with my little craft haul, and I can't wait to get started on some new crafts. I'm definitely going to make a few pom pom wreaths, dog bandanas, and polka dot hoop art from this little lot, and I'm considering making Easter favour pouches, a pom pom garland or two, felt flowers to add to Rosie's collar, and who knows what else! I also want to have a go at making Easter crackers this year, but I'm still on the hunt for the perfect kit or some pretty Easter card / paper to make my own from scratch. If you know of any good ones, let me know! I'll do my best to share photos of what I make as I go along, here and on my Instagram. and I might even share a tutorial or two if any of them go well.


I have since placed an online order with Hobbycraft for other things I needed that I didn't find in store, which I might share another day if you'd like to see what other craft supplies I've bought? The haul includes a wooden house shelf with lots of little nooks that I'm going to paint white (similar to the one I did in December) to display some of my nail polish collection on, and some colourful striped mint and pink storage boxes, plus lots of other little things. Let me know if you'd like me to blog it.

Well, that's my latest craft haul... what about you? Have you bought any great craft supplies or stationery lately?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get crafting! Have a great weekend.

You Might Also Like
What I Got For Christmas Haul 2017
Cadbury Gifts Direct Post Christmas Sale Haul
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig